Seasonal Gearhead - Inbound Customer Service Agent
Geek out with customers via phone or chat all day/night by sharing your insane, expert, gear knowledge. In addition to providing smashing service, you’ll increase Backcountry’s profit margin by suggesting the coolest add-on items that complement the customers purchase.
About Gearhead Operations
Gearhead Operations focuses on making sure we have the answer to everything our customers might possibly want to know before they even think of the question. We gain skills in different outdoor sports like climbing, skiing, snowboarding and more by attending work and vendor sponsored workshops to continually advance our gear knowledge. We value and reward hard work, gear passion, and a get it done attitude. At Gearhead Operations we are obsessed with creating loyal, repeat customers through our incredible service.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of six months service experience in any industry
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills
- Creative problem-solving skills and strong ability to multi-task
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Advanced internet search skills
- Ability to type 30+ WPM
- Basic sales skills
- Experience interacting with customers via social media platforms through blog posts and product reviews preferred
- Specialized knowledge in skiing, snowboarding, biking, climbing, fly fishing, or other outdoor sport preferred
- Position will begin as early as October 2nd, 2017 and contract through mid January 2018
- We will have the ability to work with flexible schedules, please make sure to speak with your recruiter about your availability
- Two full weeks of paid training will be provided upon hire
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde and SteepandCheap, aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
I have the best confluence of a compelling career and a lifestyle that allows me to live as holistically as possible.
Back to top