Backcountry has an opportunity for a sales trainer in our Gearhead Operations department. This person will be responsible for developing, delivering, and measuring effectiveness of our sales training programs. They will work with all levels of Gearhead Operations to create development, training and reward/recognition programs. Training programs consist of selling products, services, and the necessary business processes and soft-skills to support the customer experience. Responsibilities include creating a motivational environment, recognizing and rewarding performance, coaching and mentoring Gearhead's, and problem resolution.
About the Job
- Prepare new and existing Gearheads by familiarizing them to selling processes; developing individual coaching plans and providing resource assistance ongoing
- Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques; making support readily available and integrating support with routine job functions
- Manage and facilitate continuous learning and development for our Gearhead sales teams,
- Manages vendor partnerships and coordinates on-going technical and professional training sessions; ensures all Gearheads are up to date with the latest product updates and enhancements
- Consistently updates own sales and product knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining professional networks; participating in all training's
- Suggests methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers
- Other special projects as assigned by management
- Sales process certification preferred
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to coach sales representatives required
- Minimum of 2 years of sales training experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Willingness to be flexible with previous work/training experiences required
- B2B Sales Experience a plus
- Strong customer focus, team player and strong work ethic
- Works in a courteous, polite and productive manner when interacting with personnel from all departments
Backcountry is a portfolio of premium specialty retail brands. We create remarkable customer experiences through the best selection of premium outdoor product, a flawless shopping experience, the expertise of our gearheads, the lightning speed of our fulfillment, and the shared knowledge of our Community. We operate six specialty stores – Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia.
We are an Equal Opportunity & E-verify Employer. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background check and drug screen (for distribution center employees).
Back to top