S/4HANA SAP Cloud Platform Software Engineer
The Software Engineer will play an essential role on the team driving the S/4HANA SAP Cloud Platform implementation for Backcountry.com .She will work closely with other members of the team to port core business functionality from the legacy backend platform to this cloud based solution.
The Software Engineer will strive to understand the product and its set of processes, demonstrate ownership of those systems, services and features and collaborate on the implementation of the ERP in an Agile environment.
After completing the implementation, the Software Engineer will contribute to new features within the ERP as well as the maintenance to ensure health of the solution. The Engineer could also participate in software development related to components external to ERP.
About The Job:
- Build great software products to delight customers. Period.
- Contribute to a successful implementation of S/4HANA SAP Cloud Platform for Backcountry.com
- Share your knowledge with team members and use it to identify risks and help the team course correcting when necessary.
- Automate the quality assurance of your software by testing everything you do through code.
- Raise the bar. Share your ideas and experience with other engineers, and advocate for best practices, great usability and exceptional quality.
- Collaborate with Ops engineers to look for automation opportunities wherever possible.
- Work with product managers to understand the customers, their requirements and design scalable solutions to meet their high standard.
- Experience working with S/4HANA SAP Cloud Platform.
- Successful participation of an SAP ERP implementation.
- Familiar with web-based application development.
- Familiar with various data storage mechanisms (Relational Databases, Cloud Storage, NoSQL, etc.). Knowledgeable in at least one of them.
- Skilled in Object Oriented design (loose coupling, DRY, domain modeling, interfaces, abstraction)
- Familiar with various web architectures, platforms, and frameworks.
- Experience with continuous integration and automated testing frameworks
- Experience building APIs within a SOA environment
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment preferred
- Passion for test driven development, modular designs, and shipping quality code
- Comfortable in a continuous delivery environment.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
I have the best confluence of a compelling career and a lifestyle that allows me to live as holistically as possible.
Back to top