This individual manages all aspects of the replenishment and JIT buying processes. The Purchasing Specialist will work independently running the day-to-day operations to ensure that adequate inventory levels are maintained in the distribution centers and customer orders are filled as well as provide assistance to our customer service reps.
About the Job:
- Creates replenishment purchase orders and submits them to vendors on a daily basis.
- Manages vendor performance and assists merchants in evaluating issues and opportunities.
- Monitors open purchase orders to ensure that all merchandise ordered is received.
- Maintains PO line level ETA’s and constantly reviews and investigates past due items.
- Assists the Receiving Department in resolving shipment or vendor related issues.
- Communicates issues with vendors and works to improve performance across the supply chain.
- Provides administrative support by maintaining and processing the related paperwork for the buying function and other various duties as needed.
- Researches sales history and makes purchasing decisions in cases of shipping overages and/or shortages.
- Sources product from alternate suppliers as required when specific products are no longer available or backordered from the primary vendor.
- Updates and validates the in-house product data such as status codes, descriptions, and attributes.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to three years of previous experience purchasing or general accounting required, or three to five years in related business experience. Direct industry experience is an added plus.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to perform math without the use of a calculator and general understanding of business/finance in order to make good decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Extremely detailed oriented and able to think outside the box.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Manager, Off-Price
Nick works with Merchandising, Marketing, and Site Experience Teams to optimize and run the day-to-day work on Backcountry’s off-price business, Steep & Cheap.
Back to top