Photo and Production Assistant
The Photo and Production Assistant is a central role in our in-house creative team, sat within the production department, this is an entry-level, editing role, vital to the successful brand and design activities. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of brand projects, both digital and offline, and across multiple brands in the Backcountry portfolio. You will be working on projects for larger, leading brands in the outdoor space, and new emerging challenger brands with grassroot marketing and brand efforts.
About the Job:
- Work under the direction of design leadership on photo edits to ensure final assets are production-ready and delivered on time and in a consistent way.
- Elevate photography through cutting edge use of photo editing technology.
- Execution of a consistent quality based style guidelines for each individual BC portfolio brands.
- Support image selection for use in a variety of marketing, brand and company-wide initiatives
- Work to create compelling photos that highlight product details and style.
- Scale, crop, retouch, reposition and/or eliminate defective and excessive imaging.
- Craft image backgrounds by extending, seaming, or creating useable textures.
- Upload images to support event go live timelines.
- Source and license third party photos as needed.
- Co-ordinate photo organization into a image management tool.
- Provide production support on shoots and in-studio as needed
- 2+ years of relevant and successful design and photo retouching experience
- Experience editing product and editorial photography
- Understanding of the principles of design, composition, color theory and photographic processes
- Proficiency in Photoshop. Working knowledge of rest of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Extremely good eye for detail and ability to ensure a consistent high quality image
- Excellent composition skills, adept with color selection and understanding of product scale
- Take constructive feedback well and work collaboratively with a talented team of designers.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Solid work ethic and desire to go above and beyond to get the job done.
- Willingness to do what’s necessary to contribute to the success of the creative team.
- A passion for designing in the outdoor industry.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Manager, Off-Price
Nick works with Merchandising, Marketing, and Site Experience Teams to optimize and run the day-to-day work on Backcountry’s off-price business, Steep & Cheap.
Back to top