Owned Brands Intern
The Owned Brands Intern’s primary responsibility is to support the Owned Brands team in all aspects of product development and product merchandising. The Intern is responsible for the management of samples, creation of new styles and PO’s via our internal software systems, and developing materials for key presentations. Assisting the Owned Brands team members on various other ad hoc projects or activities will also be required.
About the Job:
- 10 week long internship in our Park City office working with the Owned Brands team
- Creating SKUs, building Purchase Orders (PO’s), and updating unit buys quantities based on forecasts, and sending PO’s to vendors
- Visual Merchandising: Shopping the site and communicating product boosts, reshoots, and any issues to the team
- Develop and maintain competitive analysis information for assigned categories/brands
- Maintaining and internal filing system for strike offs, lab dips, tech packs, and various other paperwork
- Tech Design & Quality Control: Aiding the technical designer by measuring TOP samples and helping in the evaluation of quality control issues.
- Samples Management: All aspects ranging from keeping racks organized to helping to return or forward samples on to vendors and preparing for meetings/clinics/photoshoots
- Help with sample management, correspondence, PO’s and worksheets, site experience, product development, brand deck creation, and tech design
- Customer and Team oriented
- Ability to work independently, under time constraints, and prioritize multiple job responsibilities and projects to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills with ability to work and communicate with cross-functional teams throughout the organization.
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to research problems and implement solutions.
- Detail oriented with high level of accuracy.
- Must be demonstrated proficiency with excel, word, and PowerPoint, Google Docs, and ready to learn new system
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude and present oneself in a professional manner
- Education or experience in textile/apparel manufacturing, preferred
- Well organized, preferred
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
I have the best confluence of a compelling career and a lifestyle that allows me to live as holistically as possible.
Back to top