Merchandise Specialist - eBay
Backcountry.com has an amazing opportunity for highly motivated individual with strong outdoor gear knowledge to further their career with our Fulfillment Team. This person will be responsible for evaluating the condition of used and returned gear for potential re-sale. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of gear in multiple areas of the outdoor industry, the ability analyze and ascertain the condition of used gear and excellent customer service skills.
About the Job
- Computer usage
- Read and audit labels
- Analyze inventory and problems and initiate a resolution
- Compile and send out end-of-day reports
- Use interchange to process inventory
- Communicate effectively via MS Outlook email
- Identify, count and sort packages and inventory with high level of accuracy
- Track data using MS Excel and Google Docs
- Participate in team meetings, receive instructions, and provide feedback as appropriate
- Understand and differentiate between shipping methods and sort packages accordingly
- Operate pallet jack
- Use automated packaging equipment
- Maintain a clean work space
- Assign work to employees in absence of supervisor
- Respond to customer questions, offers, issues, etc via eBay.
- Process, evaluate, photograph inventory
- List inventory on eBay
- Ship sold items utilizing UPS World Ship
- Monitor and track data using Google Docs and Excel for items listed on eBay
- Create, compile and maintain reports for accounting
- Reconcile Google Docs with Interchange reports
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- 6 months experience in a fulfillment center
- Verbal and written comprehension of the English language required with the ability to write and communicate product descriptions for eBay
- Customer service skills
- Basic math skills required
- Must be able to apply established procedures and follow oral/written instructions
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision and organize/prioritize work load to ensure completion of all tasks within established time frames
- Must be able to deal with the pressure of meeting production schedules
- Computer skills, including strong ability with internet navigation, Google drive, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Product knowledge for all categories of gear sold by backcountry and Competitive Cyclist with the ability to differentiate between similar products and ability to ascertain the condition of the product
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Manager, Off-Price
Nick works with Merchandising, Marketing, and Site Experience Teams to optimize and run the day-to-day work on Backcountry’s off-price business, Steep & Cheap.
Back to top