Backcountry has recently created an Owned Brands division to support this rapidly growing portion of the business. We create new and unique brands and products to offer compelling product to our customers and drive profitability. We are seeking a Merchandise Planner to drive the pre-season and in-season forecasting and financial planning, assortment planning, pricing, margin analysis and inventory control for the Owned Brands business.
About the Job
- Create, execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of the Owned Brands team..
- Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan and to current trend, and forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly/monthly/seasonal basis at the brand, product group, and style levels.
- Manage the financial success of the owned brands by meeting sales, margin, and inventory turn goals across multiple sales channels.
- Identify areas of opportunity for category and brand expansion by indexing sales and performance from multiple divisions.
- Create MG, brand and key style plans/projections to assist buyers with their preseason product development and purchasing.
- Monitor and evaluate Open-to-Buy weekly with Merchandising teams. Provide timely and accurate re-projections based upon current trends to effectively manage inventory.
- Manage pre-season buys and in-season inventory ownership through hind sighting, creating seasonal sell through targets, PO receipt flow, pre-season allocations, pricing strategies and production negotiations.
- Collaborate with Owned Brands and Marketing teams to help create and ensure all promotions are supported through inventory management and appropriate pricing.
- Prepare and communicate reporting as needed to Merchandising and Leadership teams – Ex. Weekly Snapshot, Best/Worst Sellers, On Order, Style Indices, Traffic & Conversion, etc.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Requires 3-5 years ecommerce retail experience, knowledge of retail math and attainment of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work both independently and with a team
- Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with peers and cross-functional teams
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Able to perform under pressure, organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and strong aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of SQL, Arthur Planning/similar software a plus
- Retail buying, planning or related analytical experience highly recommended.
Backcountry is a portfolio of premium specialty retail brands. We create remarkable customer experiences through the best selection of premium outdoor product, a flawless shopping experience, the expertise of our gearheads, the lightning speed of our fulfillment, and the shared knowledge of our Community. We operate six specialty stores – Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia.
Back to top