Marketing Data Analyst
The Data Analyst will provide analytic and strategic support to Backcountry’s Customer Marketing group—which focuses on customer acquisition and retention—within the Marketing Department. The analyst will be responsible for quality implementation and analysis of customer behavior as well as loyalty and retention programs by leveraging multiple data sources. The ideal candidate has extensive experience manipulating and analyzing large data sets and possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
About the Job:
- Collaborate with analyst team, marketing leaders, and the data engineering team to enable decision support and key customer insights through data analysis, modeling, and exploration
- Uses quantitative data gathered from customer database and web analytics tools to develop an understanding of customer behavior (past, present, and future) and campaign performance to make strategic recommendations and predictions
- Applies statistics-based market intelligence to business issues and formulates recommendations and predictions
- Create dashboards by pulling data from different sources and present them to management team
- Answer ad-hoc analytic questions
- Ensure data collection is optimized to provide crystal-clear visibility into the past, present, and future behaviors of our customers
- Pursue data quality, troubleshoot data validation, and see issues to resolution
- Most important skill is self-motivation and the successful candidate will take accountability and ownership of his/her own work, be proud of what he/she does and hold himself/herself to a very high standard.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Information Systems, or Marketing (with an analytic focus) from a top educational institution or other quantitative fields with relevant business experience also considered.
- Experience with data modeling, data mining, and predictive analysis
- Experience with relational databases (SQL, Microsoft Access, etc.)
- Familiarity with one or more statistical programming language (preferably Python or R, but experience with SAS, SPSS, etc. will be considered)
- Command of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Manager, Off-Price
Nick works with Merchandising, Marketing, and Site Experience Teams to optimize and run the day-to-day work on Backcountry’s off-price business, Steep & Cheap.
Back to top