Graphic Designer II
We are looking for a Graphic Designer with outstanding conceptual and visual design skills as well as a strong understanding of the outdoor industry and digital marketing across multiple channels. You will be responsible for strategically thinking through our seasonal campaigns and executing with great attention to detail in a way that aligns with our overall style guidelines and caterers to our customers. Being a team player is a must, and collaboration will be a primary focus within your design process.
About the Job:
- Innovate continually within a design team to build new or updated marketing campaigns that engage our customers and inspire them to invest in the brand.
- Produce visually compelling, highly effective pieces aligned with the behaviors, attitudes, and emotions of our customers.
- Concept & execute mobile first designs solutions across all channels, in order to build a design hierarchy that leverages assets to tell a deeper story. This would include email, social & site banners.
- Communicate ideas and concepts clearly adhering to design principals
- Review work in an objective manner and with the aid of analytics, and apply learnings to future work.
- Push the envelope with respect to design layout and typography to produce the most effective pieces possible.
- Work collaboratively with art directors, designers, brand managers, copywriters, and other stakeholders to gather information, understand the end goals and strategize communication approaches in order to produce assets that ladder back to an omni-channel brand strategy.
- A strong online design portfolio consisting of web-based marketing campaigns and strong graphic principals.
- Academic background in graphic design, visual/human interaction, or related field.
- Four or more years of experience and a deep understanding of all stages of the design process focusing on online graphic design skills.
- Clean visual design sensibilities, less is more.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to take constructive feedback well and work collaboratively with a team yet still be able to objectively defend creative principles.
- Proven record of designing entire campaigns from concept to completion within a broader style system and between channels. Large-scale or e-commerce experience a plus.
- An understanding of metrics and data to measure success.
- Basic knowledge of image retouching.
- Proficient in working with Photoshop, Illustrator and the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- A passion for the outdoor industry.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
I have the best confluence of a compelling career and a lifestyle that allows me to live as holistically as possible.
Back to top