The Graphic Designer is an opportunity to play a central role in an in-house creative team in the fast moving, eCommerce retail space. You will be focused on a sizeable opportunity to grow and establish one of the potentially industry-defining brands, ,working with the opportunity to further differentiate our more established brands, or define the direction of a new emerging brand. The role sits in our internal creative team that is responsible for the creative direction for our portfolio brands including Backcountry, Steep and Cheap, Competitive Cyclist and our Owned Brand lines. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of brand projects, both digital and offline, and across multiple brands in the Backcountry portfolio. As a graphic designer you will play a key role in the ideation and creation of artwork for our products.
About the Job:
- Conceptualize and develop creative solutions for a diverse set of marketing and cross-functional campaigns, delivering against brand and financial goals
- Interpret the brand strategy into functional design systems and elements
- Align creative presentation with design intent
- Drive consistency in design treatments across campaigns, achieving alignment with brand standards and functions on purpose
- Develop design standards for templates, icons, type and selects
- Design for a broad range of media including print, digital, social and visual signage
- Contribute to discussions that create unique, differentiated and compelling creative concepts, providing recommendations to the AD and ACD on direction
- Academic background in graphic design, or related field; or 4+ years equivalent experience.
- A strong online portfolio, exhibiting clean visual design sensibilities.
- Proficiency in Photoshop. Working knowledge of rest of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Critical, conceptual thinker with excellent attention to detail
- Take constructive feedback well and work collaboratively with a talented team of designers.
- Execute and produce modern principles of design within layout, typography, color and interaction.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Solid work ethic and desire to go above and beyond to get the job done.
- Willingness to do what’s necessary to contribute to the success of the Design team.
- A passion for designing in the outdoor industry.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Manager, Off-Price
Nick works with Merchandising, Marketing, and Site Experience Teams to optimize and run the day-to-day work on Backcountry’s off-price business, Steep & Cheap.
Back to top