Gearhead - Outbound Bike Specialist
Customer Account Manager - Competitive Cyclist
The Customer Account Manager requires someone who works hard, is passionate about riding bikes, enjoys putting gear to the test, is self-motivated, and driven to perfection. In brief, you will partake in industry leading, concierge level customer service by establishing long term customer relationships through consistent, authentic and personalized communication. You will be handling anywhere from 100+ combined calls and emails per day; to discuss new orders, ensure proper delivery of shipments, and develop new/maintain existing customer relationships. During this service, you will build your persona; through community events, and product & video demos, etc.
To ensure our customers experience premium service, we hire the best and brightest people and expect them to work at a very focused and rapid pace. Backcountry wants to enable a long-term career track out of being a Gearhead. If you are someone who loves talking about the latest piece of technology with people who share your passion, now is the perfect time for a change. Imagine talking about your favorite subject while seated comfortably among a team of like-minded and passionate people - now think about the excellent benefits you will receive while getting the immediate and long-term job satisfaction you have always wanted. The opportunity is here, and the time is now - if you have a passion for cycling, we want to share that with our customers and amplify your personality throughout the shopping experience!
About the Job
- Build a book of business up to 3,000+ customers and ensure every customer is being handled with tremendous service and prompt follow-through
- Contact your book of business via outbound and inbound calls and emails.
- Maintain authentic and genuine communication, leverage your personality to connect with customers in a meaningful way
- Assist the customers of other Gearheads who may be out of the office or assisting other customers
- Research to find ideal product for customers unique needs, explain to customers the concepts, benefits and specifications of the gear we sell
- Participate in ongoing procedural and product training sessions to ensure your gear, sales and system knowledge is second to none
- In depth knowledge of the gear we sell and a passion for getting on the bike.
- Deep knowledge of component compatibility on both road and mountain bikes (required)
- Understanding of bike fit, bike builds, accessories, and soft goods (required)
- Sales or account management experience (preferred)
- High School diploma or GED required
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
I have the best confluence of a compelling career and a lifestyle that allows me to live as holistically as possible.
Back to top