Gearhead, Customer Account Manager - Bike
Bike Gearhead, Customer Account Manager
We are actively seeking sales and account management professionals with specific bike knowledge to join our Customer Account Manager team. This position requires someone who works hard, is passionate about getting outside, uses the gear we sell, is self-motivated, proactive and driven to excellence.
In brief, you’ll build a business and establish long term customer relationships through consistent, authentic and personalized communication. You’ll make well over 80 phone calls a day; to discuss new orders, ensure proper delivery of shipments, and develop new and maintain existing customer relationships. You’ll build your persona both on and offsite; through content creation, social media, community events, trip reports, guide reviews, product & video demo’s, etc.
To ensure our customers experience premium service, we hire the best and brightest people possible and expect them to work at a very focused and rapid pace. The advantages and rewards for success are proportionate to the effort required – in other words, we want to enable a long term career track out of being a Gearhead.
The best candidates will have two years of bike industry experience and a passion for getting out and riding bikes. A deep understanding of component compatibility on both road and mountain bikes, bike fit, custom builds, soft-goods and accessories and a desire to help others become equipped to achieve their goals. Candidates will assist customers with all aspects of their orders and provide technical assistance throughout the process.
If you are someone who loves talking about the latest gear with people who share your passion, now might be a perfect time for a change. Imagine talking about your favorite subject while seated comfortably among a team of like-minded and passionate people. Now think about the great salary and excellent benefits you’ll receive while getting the immediate and long-term job satisfaction you’ve always wanted. The opportunity is here, and the time is now. If you are an expert in your field and have a passion for getting outside, we want to share that with our customers and amplify your personality throughout the shopping experience – we want to create a “mini celebrity” out of you!
About the Job
- Perform well over 80 outbound contacts each day scheduled
- Build and manage your customer book of business to 7,000-10,000 customers and ensure every customer is being handled with tremendous service and prompt follow-through
- Maintain authentic and genuine communication, leverage your personality to connect with customers in a meaningful way
- Assist the customers of other Gearheads who may be out of the office or assisting other customers
- Research to find ideal product for customers unique needs, explain to customers the concepts, benefits and specifications of the gear we sell
- Obtain Backcountry product certification within the first 30 days of joining the team, maintain that certification by attending training clinics, writing reviews and contributing content
- Participate in ongoing procedural and product training sessions to ensure your gear, sales and system knowledge is second to none
- Provide customer feedback to internal parties so Backcountry can continually improve the customer experience
- In depth knowledge of the gear we sell and a passion for getting outside
- 2 years of bike industry experience
- Sales or account management experience preferred
- High School diploma or GED required
Backcountry is a portfolio of premium specialty retail brands. We create remarkable customer experiences through the best selection of premium outdoor product, a flawless shopping experience, the expertise of our gearheads, the lightning speed of our fulfillment, and the shared knowledge of our Community. We operate seven specialty stores – Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and WhiskeyMilitia.
We offer an unparalleled opportunity for you to connect your career with what you love. Our mission – connect people to their passions - begins with our team members. We live and breathe the outdoor lifestyle, whether on land or water, snow or sand, road or trail. We bring a passion for the outdoors to our work each and every day with three core values:
- We do the different and remarkable, we Break Trail
- We don’t sit around and think about it, we Get it Done
- Our passion is our rock but we live to hit our goals, we Balance Performance and Passion
Check us out in action here:
Back to top