Gearhead, Customer Account Manager
This position requires someone who works hard, is passionate about riding, using the gear we sell, is self-motivated, proactive and driven to excellence.
In brief, you’ll build a business and establish long term customer relationships through consistent, authentic and personalized communication. You’ll make well over 65 phone calls a day; to discuss new orders, ensure proper delivery of shipments, and develop new/maintain existing customer relationships. You’ll build your persona both on and offsite; through content creation, social media, community events, trip reports, guide reviews, product & video demo’s, etc. To ensure our customers experience premium service, we hire the best and brightest people possible and expect them to work at a very focused and rapid pace.
The advantages and rewards for success are proportionate to the effort required – in other words, we want to enable a long term career track out of being a Gearhead. If you are someone who loves talking about the latest gear with people who share your passion, now might be a perfect time for a change. Imagine talking about your favorite subject while seated comfortably among a team of like-minded and passionate people. Now think about the great salary and excellent benefits you’ll receive while getting the immediate and long-term job satisfaction you’ve always wanted. The opportunity is here, and the time is now - if you are an expert in your field and have a passion for getting outside, we want to share that with our customers and amplify your personality throughout the shopping experience – we want to create a “mini celebrity” out of you!
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Our Gearheads are the lifeblood of MotoSport. They’re the first folks customers interact with, and the reason customers return to our site. We wholeheartedly believe service is a differentiator that our business thrives upon. Gearheads pride themselves on expertise; in-depth, technical knowledge of the gear we sell as well as a love of the activities it’s used for. We hire and retain an eclectic bunch of die-hards to service our phones, chat, and email lines. Think offroad explorers, dirt racers, track champions, bike builders – you name ‘em, we’ve got ‘em.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform well over 80 outbound phone calls each day scheduled
- Build and manage your customer book of business to 3,500 – 4,500 customers and ensure every customer is being handled with tremendous service and prompt follow-through
- Maintain authentic and genuine communication, leverage your personality to connect with customers in a meaningful way
- Assist the customers of other Gearheads who may be out of the office or assisting other customers
- Research to find ideal product for customers unique needs, explain to customers the concepts, benefits and specifications of the gear we sell
- Participate in ongoing procedural and product training sessions to ensure your gear, sales and system knowledge is second to none
- Provide customer feedback to internal parties so MotoSport can continually improve the customer experience
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- In depth knowledge of the gear we sell and a passion for riding, and comprehensive understanding of dirtbike parts and operations
- Knowledge of ATV/UTV and streetbike parts and performance preferred
- Sales or account management experience preferred
- High School diploma or GED required
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Manager, Off-Price
Nick works with Merchandising, Marketing, and Site Experience Teams to optimize and run the day-to-day work on Backcountry’s off-price business, Steep & Cheap.
Back to top