Gearhead - Bike Specialist
Gearhead - Bike Specialist
Are you a passionate cyclist with a strong work ethic and excellent customer service skills? The Inbound Customer Service Gearhead role is a self-motivated, organized team player with excellent telephone and computer skills to provide exceptional customer service. This position requires an intense work ethic, plus experience, knowledge and passion for both mountain and road bikes.
About the Job:
- Field customer calls, chats and emails regarding the following:
- Bike and bike accessory related questions
- Custom bike builds
- Bike fit
- Componentry compatibility
- Order placement and order status
- Customer concerns and complaints
- Be committed to providing world class customer experience, attracting and retaining the best people and achieving superior results
- Maintain authentic and genuine communication, leverage your personality to connect with customers in a meaningful way
- Research to find ideal product for customers unique needs, explain to customers the concepts, benefits and specifications of the gear we sell
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Specialized knowledge of bikes both road and mountain
- Two years of bike industry experience or two years of sales experience or one year of each
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with fellow agents, internal departments, customers and management
- Professional demeanor, dependable, and able to maintain confidential information
- Strong knowledge of customer care processes and techniques
- Strong problem solving skills and well organized
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint for presentations and reports
- Flexible, detailed, and able to successfully adapt in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores —Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
I have the best confluence of a compelling career and a lifestyle that allows me to live as holistically as possible.
Back to top