The FP&A Financial Analyst will be responsible to build forecasts, report on financial results, understand KPIs, and create analysis to provide insight and decision support for functional groups at Backcountry.
- Create and update financial models/forecasts using input from business partners and business trends.
- Build reporting that provides insight into current performance.
- Complete ad-hoc analysis to understand trends and variances to expectation; incorporate learnings into financial models to improve forecast accuracy.
- Analyze business drivers; review findings with business partners and make recommendations that will enable Backcountry to achieve its financial targets.
- Work with business intelligence tools to extract relevant data. Work with BI and analytics team members to define data requirements.
- Support the monthly close process.
- Identify opportunities to automate processes to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Four-year college degree is required. Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or related degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of professional experience.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of financial concepts, financial statements and principles of business metrics and analysis.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong Excel & PowerPoint skills required. Experience working with Oracle Business Intelligence, Adaptive Planning and Great Plains is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to present complex financial analysis clearly and concisely to Sr. Management.
- Ability to build strong relationships with business partners.
- Attention to detail with high degree of accuracy in work output.
- Prior experience in retail or ecommerce a plus.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Manager, Off-Price
Nick works with Merchandising, Marketing, and Site Experience Teams to optimize and run the day-to-day work on Backcountry’s off-price business, Steep & Cheap.
Back to top