The Executive Assistant must be a well-organized, flexible, self-motivated individual who enjoys the challenges of supporting busy executives. In this role, they will provide executive level administrative support to multiple members of the Executive Team by proactively managing calendars, scheduling meetings and travel, conducting research, addressing information requests, collaborating on projects with managers and directors, preparing various statistical and ad hoc reports, as well as other support functions.
Must be able to work in fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively. Must possess the ability to handle conflict appropriately, remain discreet and maintain confidentiality, stay calm under pressure, and communicate professionally at all times. Must have the ability to interact positively with staff at all levels while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and emotional intelligence. Expert-level written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work independently with little to no supervision, strong decision-making abilities, and attention to detail are critically important.
About the Job:
- Provide administrative support to one or more members of the Executive Team or Board
- Manage day-to-day business and personal matters for members of the Executive Team both inside and outside the office
- Responsible for heavy calendar management to include managing conflicts, coordinating complex executive meetings, and managing personal schedules
- Responsible for scheduling on and offsite meetings to include reservations, transportation, travel arrangements, site selection, menu development, material creation and distribution, and resolving any issues prior to or during the meeting
- Make independent decisions and manage the office assertively. Identify situations that require immediate escalation and exercise precise judgment on when to locate the Executive Team.
- Compile, organize, and report on requested data in various formats to include Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Assist with presentation preparation using PowerPoint
- Prepare documents and manage outgoing and incoming mail and packages
- Expense Reporting
- Participate in meetings as required
- Comfortable being accessible during non-standard office hours
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
- Three or more years of progressive experience in an Administrative or Executive Assistant role supporting a Director-level position or higher
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Ability to be flexible and work as needed on evenings and weekends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required. Advanced Outlook calendar management skills preferred.
- Must be a team player with ability to work with many different personalities successfully
- Must be confident and able to communicate and work successfully with Executives and managers at all levels
- Must be self-motivated and not require daily supervision. Must be able to work independently and manage the Executive offices independently while making decisions using sound judgment
- Must be comfortable performing personal tasks to include personal errands, scheduling personal appointments, and working with family, if applicable
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion
- Excellent work ethic, strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to represent Backcountry with a professional and courteous attitude required
- Must be a creative problem-solver who has the ability to stay calm under pressure, juggle large and competing workloads, and effectively prioritize
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
I have the best confluence of a compelling career and a lifestyle that allows me to live as holistically as possible.
Back to top