Email Marketing Associate, Competitive Cyclist
The Competitive Cyclist Email Marketing Associate owns channel execution on e-mail and retention marketing programs.
This is a perfect role for somebody either looking to take their next step in online marketing at greater scale, responsibility and financial impact, or for a strong analyst wanting to move into marketing.
The Email Marketing Associate coordinates the execution of our email marketing efforts across multiple retail sites including Backcountry.com, Competitive Cyclist and Steep and Cheap. It is a unique position that blends exposure across a number of key marketing capabilities, including customer segmentation, brand strategy, customer analytics and testing. The position will implement an analytical approach to identifying campaign drivers and opportunities, rapidly testing customer-centric approaches and scaling solutions that enhance revenue and long-term profitability. The position is at the heart one of largest profit drivers, working on campaigns that have a strategic impact on the financial plan of our websites. A major component of this job is communicating and syncing our plans with other departments and groups—so the ability to work and play well with others is a must.
About the Job:
- Creates email marketing campaigns to promote products or services that apply email automation technology, A/B testing and dynamic content to improve campaign performance.
- Facilitate and own the execution of multiple promotional and brand-driven email efforts
- Partner with the Senior Manager, Email and Retention Marketing to develop a strategic roadmap for e-mail and retention on initiatives
- Provide customer segmentation recommendations for testing and to improve performance based upon email reporting analysis.
- Analyzes performance of email campaigns and makes recommendations to improve deliverability, open rates, click-through rates, lead generation and conversions.
- Edit, test and oversee tracking for each email
- Track and record results and archive creative
- Communicate email results to multiple teams
- Implement A/B tests to learn and improve the performance of the program
- Support and drive efforts to improve personalization
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments to ensure all deliverables are met in order to meet our email plan
- Bachelor’s or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of marketing experience
- Knowledge of and interest in cycling
- Knowledge of e-mail marketing preferably with an eCommerce company
- Experience with Omniture, Adobe Campaign, HTML editing, and Photoshop is beneficial
- Strong analytical and Excel skills
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both the written and verbal form).
- Extreme attention to detail, organized and process focused
- Familiarity with writing SQL queries is beneficial
- Knowledge of basic branding principles
- A natural curiosity, eagerness to learn and improve marketing programs
- Basic understanding of direct marketing principles and testing practice
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Graphic Designer
Georgia collaborates with Backcountry’s Marketing and Content Teams. She ensures the company’s design is cohesive across all channels, including landing pages, social media, and photoshoots.
Back to top