Director, Strategy & Corporate Development
The Director, Corporate Strategy will review, analyze, and implement various operating metrics, lead substantive diligence and presentation support for proposed transactions, and support business and product initiatives to ensure decisions are made with a data-driven framework. This role will work with the CFO and Senior Analyst, Corporate Strategy to draft and review presentations, summaries, Board Decks, and ensure the analytical framework and data supporting these documents is complete and sound.
About the Job:
- Candidate will identify and implement measurable data points including but not limited to performance metrics to evaluate the success and/or efficiency of various products and/or business initiatives;
- Candidate will assist with proposed transactions by leading due diligence and transaction summary presentations;
- Candidate will manage and lead the drafting and validating of Board of Directors materials;
- Candidate will partner with substantive groups like Merchandising, Marketing, and Fulfillment to identify and implement key performance metrics and provide periodic reporting;
- Candidate must develop business plans and procedures to identify efficiencies and opportunities to improve business function;
- Candidate must have a strong operating knowledge of financial structures, competitive intelligence, and corporate best practices;
- Candidate must have strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Candidate must have strong familiarity and proficiency with Google Docs, Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint;
- Candidate must possess the ability to communicate effectively across functional groups and across varying levels of the organization;
- Candidate must have the ability to organize and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance or Business.
- 5+ years of experience in finance, analytics, investment banking, and/or in-house strategy experience.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap, —aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Graphic Designer
Georgia collaborates with Backcountry’s Marketing and Content Teams. She ensures the company’s design is cohesive across all channels, including landing pages, social media, and photoshoots.
Back to top