Director, Central Analytics
The Director of Centralized Analytics addresses the company’s most meaningful business decisions and strategies across a portfolio of functions and businesses using predictive analytics, statistical modeling, and qualitative research. This person will partner with leaders across the company such as finance, merchandising, marketing, and operations, to inform, develop, and support key strategies.
About the Job:
- Develop and lead the central analytics roadmap to establish elite tools, processes, analyses, and talent development to support our key initiatives
- Develop insightful models and analyses to support and influence actionable results around areas including gearhead and fulfillment operations productivity, customer loyalty, brand positioning, pricing, product assortment, and inventory management
- Lead a team of all-star analysts and data scientists
- Lead analytics and customer insights functions including data integration, reporting, dashboards, predictive analytics, customer segmentation, and survey research
- Track performance of customer cohorts and reports on key customer metrics such as lifetime value
- Develop statistical analysis to develop recommendations for sales improvement and productivity
- Structures business issues, opportunities, crafts project plans and road maps to successfully drive business insights and recommendations as appropriate
- Works with consulting business leaders to prioritize the highest value initiatives based on value, impact to the business, and level of effort. Provides status updates to the steering committee and functional teams
- Designs and builds models, defines data requirements and definitions, and technical requirements to successfully complete projects and analysis
- Researches and adopts analytical standard methodologies. Employs meaningful analytical methods to provide insights and actionable recommendations
- Provides recommendations based on findings that should be operationalized: process changes, tools, models, and reporting
- Develops and drives standard methodologies throughout the organization. Standardized methodological approaches, tools, and processes. Assesses and recommends consolidating analytical resources as appropriate and trains and educates non-CA business analysts
- Defines CA requirements for data visualization tool selection
- 5+ years in analytics or business intelligence successfully using statistical methodologies and predictive analytics with large data sets to inform business strategies
- Highly analytical and skilled at using data to drive business decisions
- History of building, leading and developing a team and leading cross-company initiatives
- Deep experience using analytics and statistical tools like SAS, STATA, SPSS, R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Comfortable drawing insights from both qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Working knowledge of how to develop and run test scenarios and control groups for complex analyses
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts from data scientists to Executives
- Extraordinary ability to simplify data into easily-consumed visuals
- Proficiency with structured and unstructured data sets
- Technically skilled in building predictive data models and using segmentation techniques
- Proficiency using survey research and insights tools like Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, or Survey Gizmo
- Strong Excel experience
- Expertise in leading multiple projects at a time
- Experience with loyalty, customer retention, or CRM programs strongly preferred
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Adobe Campaign, OBIEE, or A/B testing tools preferred
- Graduate degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, marketing or related field preferred
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
I have the best confluence of a compelling career and a lifestyle that allows me to live as holistically as possible.
Back to top