Digital Marketing Associate
Backcountry is hiring for a Digital Marketing Associate to drive channel execution on some of our largest online marketing channels. This is a perfect role for somebody looking to take their next step in online marketing at greater scale, responsibility and financial impact. The role offers a broad exposure across online marketing, operating channels including affiliates, display, paid social media and re-targeting. The position offers a blend of analytical rigor and creative imagination and will implement an analytical approach to identifying campaign drivers and opportunities, rapidly testing alternative approaches and scaling solutions that enhance revenue and long-term profitability. The role is at the heart of our largest marketing channels, working on campaigns that have 7 figure annual spend budgets and represent a major component of the financial plan for our websites. The position is closely supported by Marketing Managers to help identify opportunities and scale quickly.
About the Job:
- Management of online marketing channels including affiliates, display, social media and re-targeting
- Analyze current campaign setup and performance to identify and implement growth opportunities
- Identify traffic and conversion trends by channel, product line, and campaigns
- Implement a campaign testing approach to continuously optimize the program
- Partner with Marketing Managers to set the overall channel strategy and develop an implementation roadmap that meets short-term revenue goals and longer-term growth ambitions
- Leverage third-party marketing platforms and partnerships to improve campaign set up and decision making
- Develop and manage bid techniques related to customer lifetime value and new customer acquisition
- Evaluate return on marketing investment, conversion rates, funnel health, cost related metrics and spot areas of success, opportunity and improvements.
- Work with colleagues from merchandising, marketing and creative teams to effectively promote key product stories and promotions.
- Accountable for hitting performance goals, optimizing campaigns and managing channel budgets
- Maintain daily and weekly reports, understand the key drivers of performance, and proactively adjust bids and campaign settings to hit goals
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of marketing experience in a B2C online business
- Demonstrated ability to take accountability for business programs and hit associated KPIs
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills with an obsession to detail and quality
- Exceptional work ethic and proven ability to overcome obstacles to deliver results
- Self-starter and willing to work in an ambitious but fun environment
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of web analytics a plus
Backcountry is the leading online retailer of premium outdoor gear. Our mission at Backcountry, why we exist, is to connect people to their passions. We create remarkable customer experiences through the best selection of outdoor product, a flawless shopping experience, the expertise of our gearheads, the lightning speed of our fulfillment, and the shared knowledge of our Community. We operate six online specialty stores- Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and WhiskeyMilitia.
Back to top