Digital Content Specialist - Cycling
We are looking for a dynamic, talented content creator to write and produce various types of digital content to be published across Competitive Cyclist’s social media, email and long form site experiences. The Digital Content Specialist will work to enhance Competitive Cyclist’s presence, through creative content development and execution. This role will be involved in developing various brand marketing campaigns, events and retention marketing efforts--responsible for all production needs related to these projects, including holistic production strategy and planning, photography (when necessary), digital asset delivery, and copywriting. The ideal candidate will have a strong editorial mindset that seeks to understand what cycling audiences consume and how to create it.
About the Job:
- Manage and facilitate content strategy and creation across media channels to expand our digital presence, and facilitate the acquisition and activation of customers.
- Partner with internal teams to develop and manage an editorial calendar of forward-thinking content for all Competitive Cyclist channels.
- Partner with email, social, content and events team to develop, coordinate and execute various brand campaigns and initiatives.
- Work with Brand Manager and Senior Art Director to plan and produce photoshoots for any content needs.
- Ensure that our brand voice is clear, consistent, and compelling.
- Build and manage ambassador network; work with ambassadors to supplement content needs.
- Maintain a pulse on the interests of Competitive Cyclist’s digital community and make content and program recommendations accordingly.
- Continuously track content performance and make recommendations for optimizations.
- Monitor and engage in brand related online conversations.
- Proactively seek out opportunities for Competitive Cyclist to join online conversations relevant to our brand.
- Support all digital communications, including social media, email and affiliate assets.
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field, or an equivalent level of current knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through work experience.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience developing content for multiple channels.
- A passion and strong understanding of the role of content in the buyer's journey.
- Social media platform proficiency (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, SnapChat, etc)
- SMMS experience (Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Spredfast, etc)
- Ability to repurpose content for multiple channels/audiences.
- Highly organized with your own work, and with the work of others, to ensure projects comes together on time and on messagAbility to embrace change and handle complex projects from end to end.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Graphic Designer
Georgia collaborates with Backcountry’s Marketing and Content Teams. She ensures the company’s design is cohesive across all channels, including landing pages, social media, and photoshoots.
Back to top