Desktop Support Engineer
We’re looking for an awesome Desktop Support Engineer to help make and keep our Gearhead Operations, UT employees productive during our busiest time of year. In addition to strong technical and troubleshooting skills, you will need the drive to improve other employees’ productivity through technology. The Desktop Support Engineer helps our employees overcome technical challenges and gives them new ideas and creative way to do things better. This position lives at our Salt Lake City, Utah Gearhead Operations location.
About the Job
- Troubleshoot Windows, OS X, and Linux machines and a variety of software applications
- Troubleshoot connectivity and networking (wired, wireless, mobile, vpn) for on-site and remote employees, including Cisco call center client solutions
- Participation on regular patrols and meetings with business partners within the organization
- Creating new accounts for employees utilizing Active Directory, Cisco Call Manager, JIRA, and other software resources
- Participation on an on-call rotation
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs and be on your feet frequently to support our large facilities
- A real people person, with strong communication skills
- Drive to solve problems and prevent others. Strong customer (employee) service skills are critical
- Track record working to solve employees’ technology problems (PC, Mac, Cloud, Google Apps, Network) in a corporate setting without losing sight of customer service.
- Smart and Technology inclined. Are you interested in technology outside of work, too?
- We support a variety of software tools and work closely with our Development and Engineering teams, so learning quickly and thinking on your feet are a must.
- Courageous enough to try something new, make mistakes, and learn. We value heated discussion so you shouldn’t be afraid to disagree and fight for your ideas!
What skills will get you noticed?
- Experience with Cisco Telephony solutions and/or Google Apps
- Experience deploying in-room video conference systems
- Experience with JIRA, Active Directory, and Exchange Infrastructure and Management
- Networking and Call Center experience, especially with Cisco products
- Customer service background
Backcountry is a portfolio of premium specialty retail brands. We create remarkable customer experiences through the best selection of premium outdoor product, a flawless shopping experience, the expertise of our gearheads, the lightning speed of our fulfillment, and the shared knowledge of our Community. We operate six specialty stores – Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia.
Back to top