Dawn Patrol Gearhead
Calling all night owls! We are looking for a dedicated individual to join our Dawn Patrol team of gearheads in Customer Service. If you've got people skills, computer skills, gear knowledge, and competitive drive, check it out!
Geek out with customers via chat all night by sharing your insane, expert, gear knowledge. In addition to providing smashing service, you’ll increase Backcountry’s profit margin by suggesting the coolest add-on items that complement the customers purchase.
About Gearhead Operations
Gearhead Operations focuses on making sure we have the answer to everything our customers might possibly want to know before they even think of the question. We gain skills in different outdoor sports like climbing, skiing, snowboarding and more by attending work and vendor sponsored workshops to continually advance our gear knowledge. We value and reward hard work, gear passion, and a get it done attitude. At Gearhead Operations we are obsessed with creating loyal, repeat customers through our incredible service.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of six months service experience in any industry
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills
- Creative problem-solving skills and strong ability to multi-task
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Advanced internet search skills
- Ability to type 30+ WPM
- Basic sales skills
- Experience interacting with customers via social media platforms through blog posts and product reviews preferred
- Specialized knowledge in skiing, snowboarding, biking, climbing, fly fishing, or other outdoor sport preferred
Backcountry is a portfolio of premium specialty retail brands. We create remarkable customer experiences through the best selection of premium outdoor product, a flawless shopping experience, the expertise of our gearheads, the lightning speed of our fulfillment, and the shared knowledge of our Community. We operate six specialty stores – Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and WhiskeyMilitia.
We offer an unparalleled opportunity for you to connect your career with your passions. Our mission – connect people to their passions - begins with our team members. We live and breathe the outdoor lifestyle, whether on land or water, snow or sand, road or trail. We bring a passion for the outdoors to our work each and every day with three core values:
- We do the different and remarkable, we Break Trail
- We don’t sit around and think about it, we Get it Done
- Our passion is our rock but we live to hit our goals, we Balance Performance and Passion
Check us out in action here:
- Sunday, Monday, Tuesday from 7:00 PM to 8:00 AM
Back to top