Data Center Systems Engineer
The Data Center Systems Engineer is expected to provide technology and operational expertise in developing, maintaining, and monitoring a consistent, flexible and reliable enterprise data center environment.
To be considered for this position it is essential that you have well developed communication skills and can demonstrate, from your past experience, both the technical ability and problem solving skills to very high levels.
About the Job:
• Must be able to work independently to gather requirements and translate those into solutions for the appropriate business needs.
• Design, implement and manage NetApp storage, backup, recovery, and data management solutions
• Troubleshoot NetApp storage arrays and SAN infrastructures as needed
• Working knowledge of Cisco UCS server hardware, F5 load balancers, and NetApp storage arrays
• Maintain block-based protocols (FC and FCOE) and file-based protocols (CIFS and NFS)
• Support and maintain VMware environments with best practice methodologies
• Hands-on experience with complex server deployments that involve Enterprise Storage connectivity
• Application and middleware performance troubleshooting, as well as optimization of technical architecture
• Balance independent problem solving with proactive, organized requests for support from team members with different experience
• Maintain hardware and software support contracts for critical data center equipment responsible for our compute and storage needs.
• Minimum 5 years of professional IT infrastructure experience
• At least 5 years IT operational experience
• 5+ years experience in related field experience with one or more of our key vendors' products - Cisco, EMC, NetApp VMware, Citrix, f5
• Minimum 3 years experience designing or implementing storage and SAN solutions
• Minimum 3 years experience administrating Microsoft and Linux systems
• At least 3 years experience designing or implementing data center system implementations
• Minimum 2 years experience designing or implementing Active Directory and Exchange solutions
• Demonstrated understanding and/or experience with Converged Infrastructure
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and bring order to ambiguous situations
• Possess a generalist level of expertise on one or more distinct data center functional areas - this includes; compute hardware and operating systems, storage and storage area networks, server - storage - network virtualization, workload and data center automation, private - public - hybrid cloud, data center networking, application load balancing/delivery, data center security, backup & recovery.
• Demonstrated understanding of data center security and PCI
• Provide a base level understanding of 1 or more Cloud automation stacks (VMware SDDC, OpenStack, CloudStack, etc)
• Provide a base level understanding of Application Development and its respective environments
• Certifications from our key vendors listed is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
• Able to relay technical information to both technical and non-technical staff
• Exceptional problem solving and organizational skills
• Must possess excellent time management and independent work skills
• The person in this role must also demonstrate the utmost professionalism The person in this role must also demonstrate the utmost professionalism
Backcountry is a portfolio of premium specialty retail brands. We create remarkable customer experiences through the best selection of premium outdoor product, a flawless shopping experience, the expertise of our gearheads, the lightning speed of our fulfillment, and the shared knowledge of our Community. We operate six specialty stores – Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia.
Back to top