Corporate Development & Strategy Analyst
At Backcountry, the Corporate Development & Strategy team gets to work on some of the most exciting and significant projects in the company! We support initiatives with respect to driving Backcountry’s growth strategy including long-term strategic planning, new business expansion, M&A, competitive analyses, partnerships, and ad-hoc business operations. Additionally, this role is a great way to get exposure to all facets of the business; former corp dev team members have progressed into roles in various functions, including product, operations, and marketing.
About the Role:
- Support Corporate Development’s efforts with respect to long-term strategic planning: financial modeling, strategy formulation, opportunity analyses, etc.
- Gather and analyze large of amounts of data from internal and external sources and synthesize into market insights to account for external trends and dynamics as well as assess the economic impact/ROI to our business. You will be the resident expert with respect to our markets in terms of sizing, growth, trends and dynamics
- Support ad-hoc business operations projects on behalf of the executive management team
- Support Corporate Development’s ongoing M&A process including: pipeline management, deal execution, due diligence and integration
- Manage quarterly reporting process: we report out to our PE owners, and the responsibility for coordinating and developing the presentation decks falls directly on the corp dev team. It’s a great way to get to know members of the executive team as well as board members from TSG Consumer Partners
- BA/BS minimum in a business or technical/analytical discipline, MBA preferred
- Experience in a highly analytical role e.g., finance, accounting, strategy, M&A etc. Management consulting, investment banking or large corporate strategy experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of consumer/retail/outdoor business strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical skills coupled with the ability to distill large data sets and complex concepts into clear actionable conclusions. Deep understanding of finance and accounting concepts and strong knowledge of financial modeling methodologies, Excel and PowerPoint. Excellent judgment, maturity and the ability to build consensus across functional groups on controversial initiatives. Superior written and oral communication skills including the ability to interact with and present recommendations to executive level management.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Manager, Off-Price
Nick works with Merchandising, Marketing, and Site Experience Teams to optimize and run the day-to-day work on Backcountry’s off-price business, Steep & Cheap.
Back to top