We’re looking for a talented writer with significant marketing experience to work with our seasonal team in building new and innovative campaigns that engage and inspire our customers. We need someone with a passion for the outdoors that is able to lean into conceptual work as well as produce & edit copy within a campaign. For this role, you need to understand our audience and our brand voice, along with having the writing skills to create content for all channels & across all products that we support.
About the Job:
- Produce original, creative, and compelling copy for seasonal campaigns that is aligned with the overall campaign objectives.
- Work collaboratively with art directors, designers, brand managers, copywriters, and other stakeholders to gather information, understand the end goals and strategize communication approaches in order to produce assets that ladder back to an omni-channel brand strategy.
- Review work in a subjective manner with the aid of analytics and apply learnings to future work.
- Communicate a passion for the outdoors.
- Maintain consistently high level of quality across projects and schedules.
- Support company goals and cross-departmental collaboration.
- Generate new ideas and work with the team to conceptualize concepts.
- Write copy for a variety of channels including site banners, social posts, emails, & longer-form blog content.
- Two or more years of experience writing and developing creative content preferably in a corporate setting, e-commerce company or design firm.
- Advanced writing skills, with the ability to write within a brand voice, along with a solid command of grammar and correct usage. Familiarity with AP style preferred.
- Experience in the outdoors industry or [at minimum some familiarity with a variety of outdoors activities]
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Efficient work habits and the ability to handle multiple projects on various levels within tight timelines.
- Experience with and expertise in online marketing concepts such as organic SEO, analytics, KPI, etc.
- Receptivity to feedback and the ability to handle constructive criticism and to state opinions in a clear, respectful, and helpful manner.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
I have the best confluence of a compelling career and a lifestyle that allows me to live as holistically as possible.
Back to top