The Marketing Copywriter is well-versed in promotional and marketing copywriting and passionate about the outdoors. The Marketing Writer is responsible for crafting a variety of engaging, unique, and informative copy for online promotions, marketing materials, and longer-form content projects. The Writer must be able to speak to a range of outdoor customers at varying levels of expertise across display advertisements, emails, SEO projects, educational gear guides, articles and FAQs. Often, the content created by a marketing writer is a customer’s introduction to the Backcountry brand. The Writer should be able to promote both technical and lifestyle products alongside differentiated brand and category stories in a way that is enticing to both the aspirational customer as well as the dedicated outdoor expert. This is the ideal job for a creative writer with a versatile style, marketing experience, and a dedication to the outdoors.
About the Job:
- Writes creative and compelling content for a variety of marketing communication pieces.
- Delivers complete and original marketing/promotional copy, with a focus on narratives that support and achieve company objectives.
- Collaborate with management, subject-matter experts, and other departments to gather information, understands the target audience and strategize communication approaches.
- Has a solid understanding of Backcountry’s products so that key features and benefits are correctly communicated and highlighted.
- Assist with other marketing channels and marketing projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ retail writing experience, preferably as a copywriter and editor in a corporate setting, e-commerce company or design firm.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities and project assignment
- Strategic thinker and detail oriented
- Self-driven with a take-ownership-attitude
- E-commerce marketing experience preferred
- Affiliate/ performance based marketing experience preferred
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
I have the best confluence of a compelling career and a lifestyle that allows me to live as holistically as possible.
Back to top