Business Intelligence Analyst
At Backcountry our success relies on our ability to analyze, summarize and interpret data. We are looking for a passionate and experienced Business Analyst. A successful candidate will have an excellent ability to turn data into information, information into insight and use insight and data to inform good business decisions.
The Business Analyst will have a passion for seeking out the truth and support difficult decisions through research and data analysis. They will develop analysis and reporting capabilities and have a passion for process improvement and automation.
About the Job:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Acquire data from any necessary sources for use in analysis, process improvement and reporting
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define opportunities for process improvement and implement those changes
- Extract data from various databases/data warehouses for analysis using SQL
- Detail oriented, motivated with a strong predilection for improve processes
- Experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, certification or equivalent 5+ years experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and accurately disseminate significant amounts of information
- Adept at queries, report writing, ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Skilled at processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc) and databases (SQL, PSQL, TSQL etc)
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Graphic Designer
Georgia collaborates with Backcountry’s Marketing and Content Teams. She ensures the company’s design is cohesive across all channels, including landing pages, social media, and photoshoots.
Back to top