Brand Planning Manager, Competitive Cyclist
The Competitive Cyclist Brand Planning Manager will spearhead planning and promotional marketing efforts on Competitive Cyclist. He / she will have a blend of strategic thinking and planning skills, coupled with an appetite for execution, both hands-on within this role and coordinating with stakeholder across the business. This role requires an ability to work closely with the merchandise and creative teams to execute professionally on a myriad of short lead-time campaigns, and support other efforts to positioning the brand for success both in the short and long-term. The position will execute against a holistically-agreed-upon roadmap and calendar, and will require building strong collaborative and cross-functional relationships, and will need a focus on execution, accuracy and efficiency. This role reports to the Director, Competitive Cyclist Brand Activation.
About the Job:
- Build and empower a world class brand planning and operations function
- Be a strategic and creative brand partner for the wider organization, merchandise and brand / creative teams.
- Oversee implementation, oversight, evolution and day to day promotional activities of the Competitive Cyclist brand planning function
- Development and elevation of planning / operation tools and processes which drive consistent integration and alignment across the organization
- Ensure peers on the marketing team are always aligned and informed of key expectations, dates, budgets and other critical data points toward smooth execution of all campaigns.
- Partner with all key stakeholders for all critical information updates for all major works inside of the CC brand organization
- Work alongside brand, marketing and merchandising teams to ensure constant alignment in the planning and operations process and seamless decision making and executions across the teams
- Build and manage the comprehensive Competitive Cyclist marketing calendar to insure it strategically aligns with and delivers on brand plans and initiatives.
- Partner with the creative team to insure successful, timely implementation of all brand initiatives across all channels.
- 3 - 4 years in online marketing and ecommerce.
- Deep understanding of the bike consumer.
- Familiarity with bike products and seasonal industry trends
- Experience / understanding of all marketing channels.
- A highly-collaborative approach and ability to work with partners at all levels to get support and buy-in.
- Clear experience setting measurement frameworks around brand activity, including knowledge of analytic tools as it relates to campaign objectives.
- Ability to use data to inform decision making.
- Ability to make data driven decisions.
- Proactive self-starter who doesn’t wait for things to happen.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office proficiency, with a strong focus on Excel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Team and budget management experience required.
- Brand marketing experience required.
- Experience working with an internal creative team or agency
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
I have the best confluence of a compelling career and a lifestyle that allows me to live as holistically as possible.
Back to top