Brand marketing is a strategic growth priority for Backcountry and we are expanding our brand marketing team. To drive day to day leadership, we are looking for an experienced Brand Manager to help shape the future direction of our brand activity.
This is an exciting opportunity to drive Backcountry’s brand efforts and be part of the strategic design and expansion of our brand marketing capability. This role will support the rollout of a clear and differentiated brand position, ensuring all touchpoints across the business are aligned, and then develop a go-to-market plan to extend the reach of our brand advertising today. The role will directly oversee a brand budget, and will be responsible for putting in place a test and learn approach to understand the impact of brand marketing within Backcountry and inform future investment levels. This is a cross-functional position that will need to partner closely with a number of internal and external teams, including merchandising, creative, user experience and our Gearhead program.
- Partner with the Head of Brand to design a vision, roadmap and measurement of a brand marketing approach for Backcountry
- Manage and assess Backcountry’s current brand activities, including our Athlete program, vendor seeding and influencers
- Drive the implementation of Backcountry’s strategic brand positioning, and ensure full adoption across all internal teams
- Design an initial brand media test and insight plan to inform future growth and investment, and a broader go-to-market strategy
- Own the development and execution of strategic and tactical programs to deliver appropriate messaging, brand advertising, communication and media plans
- Develop all creative briefs that align with brand strategy and value based brand proposition for all creative projects
- Partner with our Content Marketing team to ensure our Content Program, including promotions and our vendor marketing is aligned with brand objectives
- Along with Brand Director, lead annual brand planning process including campaign planning, budgeting and ROI assessment
About the Job:
- A passion for brand development and an ambition to build a unique and differentiated leading brand in the outdoor space
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
- A collaborator at heart - this is a cross-functional role that requires partnership with mulltiple teams across the business
- 4+ years of experience executing paid brand campaigns across all media channels (TV, Digital, OOH, Radio, Print and Social)
- Experience executing paid advertising campaigns on key self-service platforms: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Google AdWords
- Experience partnering with external parties to plan and inform media buys
- Clear experience setting measurement frameworks around brand activity including knowledge of analytic tools (ComScore, Simmons, Nielsen, etc.) as it relates to campaign objectives
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with ease and perform under pressure with a strong attention to detail
- A hands on approach that is happy to execute autonomously as well as manage external parties
- Strong leadership skills, project management and people management skills
- A unique blend of a customer-centric philosophy, structured and analytical problem solving with creative flair and imagination
- Experience in an online environment
- Executive level communication skills
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Back to top