Backcountry.com/Competitive Cyclist has an opening for a Bike Tech. We need an experienced mechanic with a strong attention to detail to join our Distribution Center Bike Shop in Salt Lake City. What sets us apart from other retailers? We're online 24/7 and only offer a premium, curated assortment of product within the bike industry. This job requires experience in high-end bicycle mechanics, attention to detail and the ability to problem solve.
This is a great opportunity for a quality mechanic. Competitive Cyclist is able to offer Full Time year round work for our bike techs with full benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance and 410k benefits.
About the Job
- Assembly and inspection of complete box and custom bikes, frame prep, wheel building/truing, etc.
- Deal with inventory issues and order fulfillment including: inventory, picking, packing, and shipping
- Perform general shop duties, training, and special projects as directed by supervisor
- Provide support to other fulfillment departments when needed
- Minimum 3 years experience as a high-end mountain and road bike assembler/mechanic as demonstrated by proficiency in the following
- Disc brake set up
- Derailleur setup and adjustment
- Proper frame prep techniques (facing and tapping)
- Wheel truing
- Understanding of bicycle fit
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve issues
- Proficiency with computer programs
- General computer, email, word processing, and internet skills
Backcountry is a portfolio of premium specialty retail brands. We create remarkable customer experiences through the best selection of premium outdoor product, a flawless shopping experience, the expertise of our gearheads, the lightning speed of our fulfillment, and the shared knowledge of our Community. We operate seven specialty stores – Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, WhiskeyMilitia, and Chainlove.
We offer an unparalleled opportunity for you to connect your career with your passions. Our mission – connect people to their passions - begins with our team members.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Manager, Off-Price
Nick works with Merchandising, Marketing, and Site Experience Teams to optimize and run the day-to-day work on Backcountry’s off-price business, Steep & Cheap.
Back to top