Backcountry.com/Competitive Cyclist has an opening for a Bike Tech. We need an experienced mechanic with a strong attention to detail to join our Distribution Center Bike Shop in Salt Lake City. What sets us apart from other retailers? We're online 24/7 and only offer a premium, curated assortment of product within the bike industry. This job requires experience in high-end bicycle mechanics, attention to detail and the ability to problem solve.
This is a great opportunity for a quality mechanic. Competitive Cyclist is able to offer Full Time year round work for our bike techs with full benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance and 410k benefits.
About the Job
- Assembly and inspection of complete box and custom bikes, frame prep, wheel building/truing, etc.
- Deal with inventory issues and order fulfillment including: inventory, picking, packing, and shipping
- Perform general shop duties, training, and special projects as directed by supervisor
- Provide support to other fulfillment departments when needed
- Minimum 3 years experience as a high-end mountain and road bike assembler/mechanic as demonstrated by proficiency in the following
- Disc brake set up
- Derailleur setup and adjustment
- Proper frame prep techniques (facing and tapping)
- Wheel truing
- Understanding of bicycle fit
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve issues
- Proficiency with computer programs
- General computer, email, word processing, and internet skills
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Back to top