Benefits & Perks Administrator
The Benefits & Perks Administrator owns and delivers all aspects of Backcountry’s benefits, perks, and employee engagement programs. This position is responsible for administering the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (health, dental, vision, life/disability, hospital/accident, FSA/HSA, and 401(k) plans) as well as the employee perks, events, and recognition programs. The Benefits & Perks Administrator also provides excellent customer service, investigates new benefits and perks programs, improves existing programs, and provides analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefits and perks programs.
About the Job:
- Own benefits plan administration, including but not limited to:
- Coordinates daily benefits processing, including enrollments, terminations, COBRA, life event changes.
- Manages Benefits Open Enrollment from start to finish, including creating the benefits guide and communication materials, presenting the benefits meetings, answering employee questions, and processing all enrollment paperwork
- Ensures compliance with applicable government regulations and ensures timeliness and accuracy of required filings.Maintain compliance in ACA regulations and reporting criteria
- Works effectively to make sure the plans run smoothly. Investigates discrepancies and provides information in non-routine situations.
- Serves as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators. Coordinates transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Reconciles monthly billings and resolves discrepancies with carrier.
- Manages ADP functions related to benefits administration, including setting up open enrollment processes and carrier connection feeds, testing system functionality, reporting on benefits enrollments and costs, and working with employees to provide system support and troubleshoot system problems.
- Develops and maintains all communication tools and materials for benefits orientations, open enrollments, and ongoing employee education (e.g., Benefits Guides, The Goat’s benefits pages, bulletin and email announcements, regulatory notices, new hire/open enrollment presentations)
- Provides training and support to HRBPs on benefits plans.
- Coordinates the management of the benefits plan renewal process with input from the VP, People and the company’s benefits broker.
- Own employee perks and engagement efforts, including but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain the annual calendar and budget for corporate events and perks.
- Execute employee events for Utah locations. Coordinate with location/department liaisons to ensure alignment with our corporate perks strategy and accurate budget tracking.
- Develop relationships with industry partners and negotiate deals for the best value perks (local ski resorts, businesses, etc.)
- Manage corporate office perks, such as catered lunches and the company stocked kitchen
- Review employee perks programs periodically to ensure alignment with company brand and equitable distribution across locations and departments.
- Administer employee recognition programs, including Gold Points, Anniversary Points, and Stokey. Recommend improvements or new programs based on employee feedback.
- Extremely organized person who takes great interest in the details
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, and DOL requirements.
- Proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Excel formulas
- Ability to communicate with, support, and maintain relationships with employees and leadership
- Knack for designing, and implementing engagement programs which are on-brand, popular with employees, financially sustainable, and scalable across locations
- Knowledge of benefits contract language
- Experience with ADP’s Workforce Now platform preferred
- PHR, SHRM-CP or CEBS professional designation preferred
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Back to top