Associate Merchandise Planner
The Associate Merchandise Planner works with the Senior Planner and Buying team and is responsible for pre-season and in-season forecasting, assortment planning, pricing, margin analysis and inventory control for our business.
About the Job:
- Create, execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of a division.
- Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan and to current trend, and forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly/monthly/seasonal basis at the division, brand, product group, and style levels.
- Manage the financial success of a division by meeting sales, margin, and inventory turn goals.
- Create MG, brand and key style plans/projections as well as pricing, stratification, category and brand mix recommendations to assist buyers with their preseason assortment selections.
- Monitor and evaluate Open-to-Buy weekly with planning and buying teams. Provide timely and accurate re-projections based upon current trends to effectively manage inventory.
- Manage pre-season buys and in-season inventory ownership through hind sighting, creating sell through targets, PO receipt flow, pre-season allocations, pricing strategies and closeout negotiations
- Collaborate with Buying team to ensure all promotions are supported through inventory management and appropriate pricing. Manage end of season pricing/markdowns
- Deliver reporting as needed – Ex. Weekly Snapshot, Best/Worst Sellers, On Order, PO Edit and MD/MG Top Brand Snapshots, etc.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Requires 1-3 years ecommerce retail experience, knowledge of retail math and attainment of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work both independently and with a team
- Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships and communicate well with peers and cross-functional teams
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Able to perform under pressure, organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and strong aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of SQL, Arthur Planning/similar software a plus
- Retail buying, planning or related analytical experience highly recommended.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Graphic Designer
Georgia collaborates with Backcountry’s Marketing and Content Teams. She ensures the company’s design is cohesive across all channels, including landing pages, social media, and photoshoots.
Back to top