Associate Brand Manager, Backcountry
Brand marketing is a strategic growth priority for Backcountry and we are expanding our brand marketing team. To support our day-to-day brand activities, we are looking for an Associate Brand Manager to help support and shape the future of our brand.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of Backcountry’s brand efforts. This role will support the execution of our brand strategy, ensuring all touch-points across the brand and business are aligned. The Associate Brand Manager will help plan and execute a go-to-market plan to extend the reach of our brand and deliver on our brand vision. This is a cross-functional position that will need to partner closely with a number of internal and external teams, including merchandising, creative, user experience and our Gearhead program.
- Support our Sr. Brand Manager of Backcountry to execute the brand vision, roadmap and measurement of a brand marketing approach for Backcountry
- Manage Backcountry’s current brand activities, including our Marketing Development Fund and vendor relationships program
- Support the implementation of Backcountry’s strategic brand positioning
About the Job:
- A passion for brand development and an ambition to build a unique and differentiated leading brand in the outdoor space
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in a brand marketing or equivalent/relevant role
- A collaborator at heart - this is a cross-functional role that requires partnership with multiple teams across the business
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with ease and perform under pressure with a strong attention to detail
- A hands on approach that is happy to execute autonomously as well as manage external parties
- Strong leadership skills, project management and people management skills
- A unique blend of a customer-centric philosophy, structured and analytical problem solving with creative flair and imagination
- Experience in an online environment
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Back to top