Assistant Buyer of Bike Hardgoods
The Assistant Buyer role is the first level within the Merchandising Group and provides administrative and organizational support to the Buyer and Associate Buyer.
About the Job:
- Coordinate day-to-day office management and communication with vendors
- Monitor Open Order report daily and execute ASAP POs to fulfill customer backorders as quickly as possible
- Maintain all PO due dates, and provide quick feedback to Customer Service regarding the status of inventory
- Coordinate the maintenance all POs - status, ship dates, terms
- Work with vendors, managers, vendor agreement managers, receivers and planners to resolve receiving and overstock issues
- Provide analytical feedback to Merchandise Team and Planners regarding product trends and popularity
- Monitor the site map to ensure coherent layout of product groups, sub categories, pricing and categories
- Provide feedback to the Content Team on priorities and updates in images and copy
- Assist with images and information gathering
- Coordinate with Marketing/Promo to ensure merchandise is tied into promos and sales
- Organizes trade show schedules, creates reporting for Buyer and Associate Buyer as needed
- 1-2 years of office experience, preferably in a retail, catalog, or internet environment
- Buying or inventory analyst experience preferred
- Strong opinions of product trends and popularity in the bike industry needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (proficiency in Excel a must)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Some college with a Bachelor’s degree in business-related field preferred
- Ability to perform under pressure, prioritizes competing tasks, and schedule time wisely
- Experience with and a strong understanding of Retail Math
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap, —aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
I have the best confluence of a compelling career and a lifestyle that allows me to live as holistically as possible.
Back to top