Backcountry is in search for the next key member of its Accounting team. As Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the timeliness of our monthly accounting close and the accuracy of our financial statements. You will also be responsible for performing assigned accounting functions for all of Backcountry’s brands and to prepare and consolidate balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements, as needed. This position reports to the Controller and is based at our Park City, UT office.
About the Job
- Manage the monthly close process to ensure timely delivery of accurate financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Prepare consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments
- Maintain and balance an automated consolidation system by inputting and verifying data
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information
- Prepare or review general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Prepare or review payments by accruing expenses; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents and preparing account roll-forwards
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Review, design and implement accounting procedures and internal controls by analyzing current procedures and controls; recommending changes
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Identify, research, and explain variances of actual performance to forecast
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Manage and train staff to understand and perform accounting reconciliations and procedures
- Represent the company to various trade professionals and groups, and ensure that the company’s professional reputation is maintained
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; stay up to date on professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related projects as needed
- 4 to 6 years of Accounting experience
- CPA required
- Understanding of US GAAP, Reporting, and Accounting principles
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills; ability to multitask and balance priorities
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, while maintaining accuracy of information and attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office Suite skills
- Knowledge and familiarity of Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Graphic Designer
Georgia collaborates with Backcountry’s Marketing and Content Teams. She ensures the company’s design is cohesive across all channels, including landing pages, social media, and photoshoots.
Back to top