Seasonal Retail Runner - Full Time or Part Time
POSITION TITLE: Retail Runner
REPORTS TO: Retail Manager and Retail Runner Supervisor
BUSINESS/COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: GHO Retail
Responsible for fulfilling and supporting all retail related inventory requests in order to provide the customer with excellent service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Stand and walk for your entire shift.
- Operate a push bike to pick retail inventory requests.
- Operate automated picking equipment.
- Operate/maintain forklift certification after completion of basic training.
- Fold, organize, and restock inventory.
- Assist with the procurement and fulfillment of large group orders.
- Fulfill suspended items in retail on a daily basis.
- Verify and cycle count problem items within retail and the warehouse.
- Read and audit labels.
- Identify, count, and sort packages and inventory with a high level of accuracy.
- Understand and differentiate between shipping methods and sort packages accordingly.
- Participate in team meetings, follow guidance, and provide feedback when appropriate.
- Maintain a clean and safe work space.
- Operate pallet jack.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in LEAN initiatives
- Participate in company events
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Prefer high school diploma or equivalency
- 6 months experience in fulfillment center
- Verbal and written comprehension of the English language required
- Basic math skills required
- Must be able to apply established procedures and follow oral/written instructions
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision and organize/prioritize workload to ensure completion of all tasks within established time frames
- Must be able to deal with the pressure of meeting production schedules
- Computer skills, including familiarity with the internet and email required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Terms are defined as “Regularly”: 60 – 100%, “Frequently”: 30 – 60%, “Occasionally”: 10 – 30%, “Rarely”: 1 – 10%.
- Regularly use hearing/speech abilities to communicate with coworkers, give/receive instruction, listen for equipment malfunctions, etc.
- Regularly use sight abilities: depth perception, hand/eye/foot coordination, visual acuity in near-, mid-, and far-range vision.
- Regularly stand/walk on concrete floor
- Frequently climb up and down stairs but rarely climb ladders
- Frequently bend/twist at waist/knees/neck
- Frequently use both hands/arms to reach/push/pull/lift
- Constant: 10 – 30 lbs.
- Occasional: 30 – 60 lbs.
- Rarely: less than 10 lbs., or greater than 60 lbs.
- Crawling is typically not required
- Work is performed indoors, and noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
In addition to an outdoor enthusiast culture, we aim to create the best possible work environment in our temperature controlled, state-of-the art automated Fulfillment Center. We provide a supportive staff of managers and administrators to adhere to employee accommodations, onboarding and daily needs. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, recognition prizes, company events and in-office celebrations make for a positive employee morale and fun work atmosphere. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of flexible shift schedules with full and part-time availability and opportunities for advancement and quarterly increases. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Back to top