Seasonal Gearhead (Customer Service)
- West Valley City, UT
Geek out with customers via phone or chat all day/night by sharing your insane, expert, gear knowledge. In addition to providing smashing service, you’ll increase Backcountry’s profit margin by suggesting the coolest add-on items that complement the customers purchase.
About Gearhead Operations
Gearhead Operations focuses on making sure we have the answer to everything our customers might possibly want to know before they even think of the question. We gain skills in different outdoor sports like climbing, skiing, snowboarding and more by attending work and vendor sponsored workshops to continually advance our gear knowledge. We value and reward hard work, gear passion, and a get it done attitude. At Gearhead Operations we are obsessed with creating loyal, repeat customers through our incredible service. This is a great opportunity to work in the outdoor industry!
Starting wage: $13.25/hour
Hours of Operation: 6AM-10PM
Full time and Part-Time roles open!
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Strong communication skills
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills
- Creative problem-solving skills and strong ability to multi-task
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Advanced internet search skills
- Ability to type 30+ WPM
- Basic sales skills
- Experience interacting with customers via social media platforms through blog posts and product reviews preferred
- Specialized knowledge in skiing, snowboarding, biking, climbing, fly fishing, or other outdoor sport preferred
- Outdoor Industry experience, nice to have
- We will have the ability to work with flexible schedules, please make sure to speak with your recruiter about your availability
- Two full weeks of paid training will be provided upon hire
- The training schedule is Mon - Fri for two weeks from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- This position is remote for the time being then upon office reopening will be onsite in our West Valley, UT Gearhead Operations office. Out of state candidates are encouraged to apply but continued employment is subject to relocation.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde and SteepandCheap, aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
Gearheads radiate an undeniable hype to get people into the Backcountry. Providing more than just order updates, they give expert gear knowledge to enable others to live life’s best adventures. In addition to a pet-friendly office complete with a bouldering wall, daily yoga classes, full-size yurt and bike/ski-tuning stations, we also house a fully stocked free rental facility a.k.a. gear closet, to enable them to get outside as much as our customers. Backcountry employees have the benefit of flexible and adaptable work schedules to adhere to all lifestyles as well as opportunities to grow within the company and connect with vendors and brands. Additional perks such as an excellent gear discount, industry pro deals, annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues and recognition activities, including cat ski and yurt trips, makes for a one-of-a-kind work experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Back to top