Retail Gearhead - Full Time
- West Valley City, UT
POSITION TITLE: Retail Gearhead
REPORTS TO: Retail Manager
BUSINESS/COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: GHO Retail
Geek out with customers in the retail store by sharing your insane, expert, gear knowledge. In addition to providing smashing service, you’ll act as the face of customer relations for Backcountry.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support customers by helping them select relevant products and answering gear questions.
- Place orders, create try-on carts, and process returns and exchanges.
- Cycle count to maintain the highest level of inventory accuracy.
- Maintain and manage cash flow to ensure a high level of accuracy.
- Operate within multiple software systems to ensure the completion of all tasks.
- Create engaging displays to increase sales.
- Organize product, clean, and maintain a tidy storefront.
- Assist Retail Runner department based on store volumes.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Six-months retail sales experience or as a Customer Solutions Gear Head.
- Strong Communication skills (Verbal and Written).
- Strong ability to multitask.
- In depth knowledge of at least one Backcountry.com related sport
- Proactive mindset and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to share passion and knowledge to customers about your sport
- Strong time management ability.
- Ability to type 30+ WPM.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, VISUAL ACUITY & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee must be able to stand and walk throughout the entire shift.
- The employee may be required to lift objects that weigh over 50lbs.
- The noise level is the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Back to top