Photo Studio Manager
- West Valley City, UT
POSITION TITLE: Photo Studio Manager
REPORTS TO: Creative Services Manager
DEPARTMENT: Product Content: Image
LOCATION: Utah Fulfillment Center, West Valley City
Under the leadership of the Creative Services Manager, the Photo Studio Manager provides creative and technical direction to photographers in our Salt Lake City based studio.
As Studio Manager you will work with your team of photographers to meet weekly production goals. Alongside the larger creative team, you will establish standards and workflows for studio product photography and on-model photography efforts. The Photo Studio Manager works cross-functionally with key stakeholders across the business to ensure that studio photography supports and enhances Backcountry’s brand positioning within the outdoor retail space.
In addition to studio photography, you will support marketing campaign efforts on special projects and location shoots. Travel and unusual hours are occasionally necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all ecommerce image production for the Backcountry websites
- Set imaging standards for all in-house produced product photography
- Establish best practice workflows for studio processes
- Work with the Creative Services Manager and Creative Director on long term evolutions to imaging standards, metrics, etc. to support company goals
- Act as the primary hiring manager for new photographers, including seasonal photo staff
- Approve staff timecards, coordinate time-off, and attend to day-to-day personnel responsibilities in a timely fashion
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 4+ years experience in a production studio environment
- B.S. Degree in Photography, Art, or similar OR equivalent professional experience
- Previous management experience preferred
- Excellent technical knowledge of camera and studio equipment
- Advanced lighting skills using a variety of artificial sources
- Thorough knowledge of all stages of image production from capture to completion
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and maintain strict deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Back to top