Manager, Partnerships & PR
- Park City, UT
We are looking for a dynamic and strategic leader to drive Backcountry’s partnerships and PR engagement. This is a highly cross-functional role where strategy and functional execution come together daily.
You will work closely with our PR Agency and other functional business leaders to create memorable campaigns and partnership to bring our brand positioning to life.This role will require you to navigate and influence strategy across the Backcountry matrix as you work to develop meaningful engagements and partnership extensions to bring the Backcountry brand to a wide customer base. This role will be the tip of the spear for creating relationships and developing partnerships aimed at attracting new and activating existing customers.
In order to succeed you will need to feel comfortable making data driven decisions and clearly defining the why for all projects. The Manager, Partnerships & PR is a core member of the Backcountry brand offense and must be a responsible leader who can create brand awareness and engagement throughout all media touchpoints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Public Relations - Act as the tip of the spear to drive create unique programming and customer awareness via customized PR activation and campaigns. This role will require daily management and direction with our PR Agency and a creative mind to stay one step ahead of trends and opportunities for the Backcountry brand in the broad media landscape.
- Partnerships & Sponsorships – Targeting endemic and non-endemic part strategic partners that map to Backcountry’s brand objectives. Develop annual activation plans to maximize our investment and to ensure brand exposure and awareness overdrives the program KPIs.
- Experiential Events – build Backcountry’s experiential program including: evolved strategy, planning, management, budgeting, execution
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 5+ years’ experience in a brand marketing/management organization
- 5+ years experience in PR or Media related field
- 3+ years’ experience planning, managing and executing branded events
- Experience managing and developing a team a must
- Management brokering brand partnerships and contract negotiations with foundations, non-profits, artists, production companies and other brands
- Budget management
- Data Focused strategy development
- Vendor and agency management
- Venue negotiation experience
- Sports marketing experience a plus
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Back to top