Human Resources Business Partner, Fulfillment Center
- Roanoke, VA
POSITION TITLE: HR Business Partner
REPORTS TO: Senior HR Business Partner
DIVISION: Human Resources
LOCATION: Christiansburg, VA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with HR Team and the department/facility leadership team to implement HR strategies and programs to support the operation of the supported department/facility and the company culture
- Continually “raise the game” by owning talent management strategies, including performance management, recruitment, coaching, and retention.
- Be an employee advocate and champion while providing consulting and coaching to employees experiencing employee relations issues and challenges that are impacting their job satisfaction or performance.
- Partner with leadership to address employee relations issues while ensuring compliance with all company policies and state and federal laws.
- Coordinate and oversee programs including Unemployment, Worker’s Compensation, drug screens, and all other programs necessary to comply with State and Federal Labor & Employment Laws
- Coordinate leaves of absence (such as FMLA, STD, ADA) for facility
- Lead the recruiting, onboarding, and training activities for the department/facility in coordination with the corporate recruiting and training teams
- Support total rewards team by providing the first level of support for compensation and benefits questions for the supported divisions/facilities
- Lead business partnership through aggregation of HR data and provide guidance to functional leaders
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 or more years of progressive HR Generalist work experience. Highly prefer well-rounded experience with knowledge of employee relations, performance management, recruitment, talent development, legal and compliance.
- PHR / SHRM CP certification preferred
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated experience with fundamental areas of HR, including employee relations, performance management, recruitment, talent development, legal and compliance
- A strong customer focus and ability to develop concise and clear solutions; approachable and able to relate to our unique employee culture.
- Familiarity and understanding of both federal and state employment laws required
- Highly autonomous and self-motivated, demonstrating sound judgment, initiative, and an ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency while maintaining a collaborative approach with HR and facility leadership
- Strong analytical skills; uses and interprets data to validate plans and approaches
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Google Drive/Docs, and ADP preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a team player and open to change and changing priorities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level is the work environment is usually moderate.
Back to top