Fulfillment Maintenance Manager
- West Valley City, UT
Oversee all aspects of preventative and predictive maintenance for assigned building. Schedule and supervise assigned staff; install, maintain and repair mechanical equipment, automation, and tools Develop and implement a preventive maintenance program; and negotiate for and purchase parts and equipment from vendors. Responsible for controlling costs and performing all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster a safety culture and the implementation of safety policies and training in compliance with the company safety program and OSHA regulations to eliminate work related injuries
- Coordinate with Operations Managers to report and investigate work related that involve machines, equipment and/or tools
- Organize and supervise the daily maintenance function including equipment, tools, facilities (fire protection system/security), and grounds while controlling related maintenance and labor costs
- Design, implement and manage a preventive/predictive maintenance program for all mechanical equipment and tools
- Oversee and/or install, maintain, repair, adjust, troubleshoot and inspect equipment, automation, and tools
- Review the need for and request tools, equipment, and supplies necessary to perform duties. Inspect completed work for conformance to specifications and standards
- Provide initial and on-going maintenance training and evaluation to associates and all appropriate personnel
- Identify systems and procedures designed to improve operations
- Make recommendations and implement new programs as needed
- Measure and manage Maintenance KPIs, such as PM completion%, machine downtime, etc.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS/ FUNCTIONAL SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES:
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
MS Office Suite (proficient) Problem identification and resolution skills Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision Familiarity with Federal, State and Local health and safety regulations Mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic skills
Prepared to change priorities as necessary, consider information, and evaluates possible courses of action and generates solutions to problems Manage goals and high quality work while maintaining a safe environment Institute a culture of continuous improvement for quality and efficiency Foster and promote an environment of collaboration Maintain motivation and enthusiasm through development to drive a high performance culture and develop good communication rapport.
Maintenance Technicians, outside Contractors Operations Managers, Regional Controller, Director of Maintenance and Equipment, HR Manager, Customer Service, Value Stream Managers, Value Stream Leaders and manufacturing associates
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent work experience 5-7 years' experience in manufacturing, maintenance and managing highly technical mechanics 5+ Years' experience in Safety and Risk programs Lean/Six Sigma Manufacturing experience - green belt preferred Electrical Certification a plus.
- Previous experience in a fulfillment center preferred
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and industrial skills
- Advanced knowledge of conveyor mechanic, plumbing, painting, appliance repair, and electrical troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of tools, materials and general building maintenance. ability to use those tools and equipment safely and efficiently
- Possess a valid state driver’s license
- Verbal and written comprehension of the English language required
- Basic math skills required
- Computer skills, including familiarity with the internet and email required
- Must be familiar with the standard safety practices and tools used in the general maintenance and repair of facility and distribution equipment
- Must be able to apply established procedures and follow oral/written instructions
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision and organize/prioritize workload to ensure completion of all tasks within established time frames
- Advanced knowledge of OSHA safety requirements
- Work varying shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed to support business
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and vendors
- Must be willing to work outside in inclement weather
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Back to top