Sr. Software Engineer - Remote
Babylist is looking for a Senior Software Engineer based in Sacramento to work remotely with our HQ team to build features, design and implement APIs, and improve the performance and reliability of our systems.
The Babylist engineering team is involved in growing and scaling all aspects of our business, including our consumer-facing web/iOS/Android apps, e-commerce operational infrastructure, content distribution platforms, data-warehousing and business intelligence platforms.
Our team values shipping software to our users quickly and frequently. Ship, measure, learn, repeat.
This position will be mostly remote, ideally with one or two days a month on-site in Oakland. We have a warehouse in Sacramento, and our Leadership team is there regularly and our engineers once every couple of months.
What you'll do
- Work closely with product owners on designing, implementing, and deploying systems to support and scale our growing e-commerce, content, and fulfillment operations
- Provide thought leadership around process, tooling and systems
- Improve and help maintain existing systems. Friction in the development process slows us down and has a large opportunity cost. We see value in taking time to create maintainable systems and remove hurdles from the development process
- Work in a close, supportive team solving real world problems and making decisions
- Learn and grow as an engineer and teammate
- Visit HQ in Oakland 1-2 times per month
We benefit by more knowledge and learning how others solve problems; you would feel excited to bring in new ways of solving problems
What you've done
- 5+ years of engineering experience with a proven track record of building complex web applications and/or services
- Experience testing, monitoring and running a production software system
- Mentored and contributed in building world-class engineering teams; you're eager and experienced with helping others learn their craft, and making your team more productive
- Demonstrated a hunger to learn from your peers
Our Tech Stack
- Ruby on Rails
Back to top