VP of Global Quality and Hardware Reliability
Your Day to Day
- Serve as overall Quality Department Leader, providing direction, goals, and vision to teams and business partners across Axon
- Hardware Validation – world class testing to ensure once a product ships from our dock it never returns leaving a disappointed customer behind.
- Supplier Quality - dedicated and reactive supplier engagements to improve product and operational health. Includes Incoming Inspection team.
- RMA - returns and exchanges are handled and monitored by the Quality department. This department is responsible for customer satisfaction through the return process. RMA also runs initial troubleshooting and diagnostics for root cause that gets regularly summarize for Quality Engineering and R&D.
- Change Control - Quality maintains the change control process. This function the ECO / ECR process in close collaboration with R&D. This group ensures changes are properly agreed and implemented.
- QMS - The Quality Management System is the backbone or our organizational process/procedure alignment and compliance with ISO 9001. This group maintains the QMS and all related activities like external / internal audits.
- Quality Engineering - Leads both proactive and reactive Quality Engineering efforts. Teams engage with new product introductions through quality planning in the APL (Axon Product Lifecycle). In addition, the QE team engages with sustaining or production issues as required to keep lines running compliant products/services. Also, the QE team provides analytics and data to collaborate with Product / R&D on priorities.
- EDP Development - rotational program support by having projects and activities lined up. In addition, coaching and mentoring new talent through our rotational program.
- Advanced Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, or related field
- 10+ years of experience owning the Quality function in a multi-site, global enterprise environment across Americas, Europe and Asia
- Success influencing and leading a global Quality Team as well as partnering with Senior Leadership in a fast-paced, dynamic environment of consistent growth
- Deep understanding of the importance of the quality function in the organization from strategic and global perspective
- Experience implementing quality processes, systems, and metrics as well as the ability to develop and implement cost saving measures and conserve organizational resources
- Willingness and ability to challenge up in the organization
- Green Belt Certified and experience with Six Sigma tools & lean manufacturing techniques a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills, written and verbal communication
See Inside the Office of Axon
Axon is a network of devices, apps, and people that helps law enforcement become smarter and safer. The mission is to protect life. The company’s connected body cameras and evidence management tools allow police officers to work both effectively and transparently, while its TASER Smart Weapons protect life without taking it.
Back to top