Come Join Us
Come work in an exciting environment in which you’ll use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world. We cultivate an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. Our mission is to protect life, making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer who can help drive a growing engineering organization forward. If you love architecting and defining solutions to problems using structured design and development methodologies to deliver tangible value, you could be a great fit here.
You will primarily be responsible for applying your systems engineering expertise to review marketing requirements & feature requests and define key engineering requirements and systems block diagrams that will be used to realize targeted solutions for law enforcement and public safety professionals.
Ideally, you have a passion and track record for taking customer requirements and reducing them to traceable engineering level specifications for subsystems such as: image sensors and lenses, audio mics and speakers, processors, wireless communications, power supply, memory, thermal management, mechanical parts, and user control interfaces. You are experienced in analyzing requirement tradeoffs such as size, weight, power, and environmental operating conditions in order to meet customer expectations.
We cultivate an engineering environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. If you would like to leverage your process-driven approaches to help a passionate team bring new technologies to public safety and leave a mark on the world, don’t hesitate to reach out and join Axon.
- 7+ years experience with video camera systems
- 3+ years experience with reliability engineering for electromechanical subsystems
- 5+ years designing low power embedded systems
- 3+ years designing RF systems or module integration & communications (WiFi, Bluetooth, BLE)
- 3+ years experience with plastic enclosures
- 5+ years experience with thermal management solutions
- BS or MS in Electrical, Systems, or Computer Engineering fields
- Minimum of 5 years of systems engineering design experience
- Interpreting product requirements and voice of the customer
- Analyzing pros & cons of alternative approaches to deliver enterprise quality
- Writing technical product requirements and engineering specifications
- Developing systems with electrical, mechanical and firmware subsystems
- Specifying subsystem interaction and modules with higher technical risk
- Experience with designing products to regulatory standards (CE, FCC)
- Leading cross functional design reviews & DFMEA meetings with manufacturing and cloud software teams
- Integrating methods for Design for Manufacturing & Design for Test
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Unlimited paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.