- Scottsdale, AZ
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As Axon’s Validation Manager, you will develop and execute the validation and reliability strategy for the organization and lead the validation team to deliver the highest levels of value to the business. You have a consistent track record of success with hands on execution and demonstrated ability to lead validation organizations to achieve the goals of the business.
You will lead, resource and continuously improve all aspects of Axon’s validation organization’s performance and ensure key partners are aligned with global and regional business objectives. In addition, you will support the improvement and implementation of quality systems and practices required to support continuous efficiency and growth of Axon.
Your Day to Day
- Evaluate, improve and drive validation request process – from validation request, requirements review, planning, scheduling, execution, completion and resolution
- Develop and deploy test status, tracking and reporting tools; including validation testing dashboard
- Drive efficiencies and reporting through use of metrics and measures
- Manage equipment and lab space across multiple sites, including calibration and PM
- Manage resources, planning and executing in a very dynamic environment
- Work closely with cross functional teams to understand organizational priorities
- Align and support our QMS. The Quality Management System is the backbone of our organizational process/procedure alignment and compliance with ISO 9001. Maintaining alignment and compliance to ISO9001 in our validation organization is essential.
- Operational Excellence. Create and implement a multi-year plan to drive cost savings into company culture and help each segment of the business to increase profitability.
- Implement tools and methodologies to expand organizational capabilities.
- Own responsibility for the reliability of Axon products in customer applications by leading a team of experienced reliability engineers to continually improve methods, capabilities and models, resulting in the reduction of field returns as a key performance measure.
- Ensure that appropriate usage models are defined across the span of operating limits during requirements development of new products.
- Perform reliability allocation to subsystems and components to guide Engineering in achieving system level reliability requirements.
- Provide guidance to Engineering on Design for Reliability (DFR) principles during product development.
- Drive planning and execution of reliability testing of components, modules and system (RGT) to demonstrate achievement of reliability requirements within product time-to-market goals.
- Participate in design reviews to provide inputs to validation and verification testing and interpretation of test results.
- Work, In conjunction with Quality Engineers, to ensure that all specified requirements have been verified or validated prior to production launch.
- Participate in the FRB process to drive reliability failures to root cause resolution and validate corrective actions are effective.
- Define On-going Reliability Testing (ORT): a robust reliability monitoring/test method during ongoing production to ensure escapements from production into the field do not occur.
- Establish and maintain metrics that effectively monitor field reliability and lead cross-functional initiatives to drive improvements in product reliability.
- Advanced Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, or related field
- 10+ years of experience leading quality, validation or engineering teams
- Success influencing and leading cross functional teams, using an objective, data-driven approach
- Deep understanding of the importance of the validation and quality function in the organization from strategic and global perspective
- Willingness and ability to challenge up in the organization
- Excellent problem solving skills, written and verbal communication
- Green Belt, Six Sigma tools & ASQ Certifications are a plus
- Experience with Jira, Smartsheet, Zephyr, TM4J and other test management and bug tracking tools
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top