Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As our University Recruiter, you will be responsible for all university recruitment efforts and helping us scale and drive exponential growth across the organization. Your passion for recruiting, diversity and inclusion, and ability to find the best early career talent is exactly what we are looking for. You will streamline processes, develop recruiting efficiencies, deliver best practices, share recruitment strategy, and build pipelines and talent pools for our university programs. You will have the opportunity to help us grow and partner with key business stakeholders and hiring managers to fill mission critical roles.
Your Day to Day
- Establish and manage relationships with key universities and stakeholders
- Serve as an ambassador to ensure successful implementation of the university recruiting strategy to support evolving talent needs
- Use your creativity, expertise, collaboration, and problem-solving skills to own the customer experience and help transform our recruiting function to a strategic Talent Acquisition organization
- Expand Axon’s presence on campuses, by identifying top-tier talent, and progressively engaging UR strategies to increase brand awareness and program excellence
- Drive and implement best practices, fostering new ideas to strengthen relationships with key universities, faculty and diversity-based student organizations
- Identify and implement recruiting standardized methodologies to streamline processes, drive value, and cost effectiveness across the university recruiting function
- Partner with People Operations and key leaders across the organization to determine campus recruiting goals and for the program's continued success and expansion
- Identify and build candidate pipeline from universities and strategic national recruiting events
- Plan and attend campus career fairs, information sessions, on-campus and on-site interviews, and speaking engagements
- Post requisitions, review student applications, screen and conduct phone/in-person interviews, and close
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of progressive university recruiting experience for technical and non-technical roles in a high-growth environment
- Ability and desire to travel up to 50% during peak recruiting season
- Proven success delivering presentations to all levels of management, students, and academic leaders
- Experience developing communication materials for university recruitment efforts
- Experience building and utilizing a variety of sourcing plans and tools
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentations) with demonstrated problem solving and relationship building skills
- Experience communicating a corporate brand for the purposes of establishing and developing relationships with universities
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and collaborative within a team
- Experience managing multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top